Jegs Online is an interactive business to business website for independent retailers in the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands as well as trade customers and electrical contractors across South East Essex. Jegs offer award winning service, a quality range of over 14,000 electrical, DIY, home and garden products all competitively priced enabling you to maximize your profits and successfully compete with the multiples. As a registered Jegs Account user you can view prices, stock availability, special offers, clearance lines
and place orders online. If you would like to open an account click on the register button in the log in panel.
Contact 01702 511849
CARRIAGE PAID ORDERS
We are pleased to send your order carriage free, providing the order meets the following minimum amount (ex VAT):
Area of the UK Minimum Carriage Paid Order Local area (van) £ 75
Mainland UK £150 Highlands of Scotland £150 Islands (inc Northern Ireland) £250
Channel Islands £250 For orders under minimum carriage the following charges will apply (plus VAT):
Local area (van) £ 7.50 Mainland UK £ 7.50
Highlands of Scotland £20 Islands (inc Northern Ireland) £30
Channel Islands £50
NON-STOCK ITEMS (SPECIALS)
Will only be ordered with a minimum order value of £25 (ex VAT) or in pack/box quantity.
In advance of any order being placed for non-stock items, a 50% deposit will be taken (non refundable) and a ‘specials request form’ must be authorised by the customer.
Non-stock items may only be returned in the event that the product is faulty. We will not accept returns of non-stock items under any other circumstances.
JEGS will either replace or credit any product where, under proper usage, defects appear during the period of 12 months from delivery or 12 months of putting into use by the customer (proof of purchase by the end consumer must be supplied to Jegs in the latter case). No credit will be forthcoming for products out of our guarantee period without such proof. Certain products have extended guarantee periods offered by the manufacturer direct, stated on the product guarantee.
• No goods may be returned to Jegs without prior authorisation and without a Jegs invoice number.
• If goods are returned for no good reason we may make a re-stocking or handling charge of up to 20%. Please note goods returned found not to be Jegs’ products or not invoived by Jegs, cannot be held until your next order is placed. Goods will either be destroyed or returned to you with a £20 handling and carriage charge. We reserve the right to dispose of any products which are found not to have been supplied to you by Jegs.
• We require a minimum value of £40 of goods for each request for collection. Please retain the goods until this value is reached.
• All products being returned must be complete i.e. packaging, power supply, leads etc, with a copy of the authorised returns form
• If there are discrepancies between products advised for return and goods received, credit will only be given on the actual goods received where appropriate and where a Jegs invoice exists.
• If product is "faulty", actual fault must be stated on the QU011 returns form or on the telephone to the Customer Services team. If on arrival at Jegs goods are tested and found not to be "faulty", no credit will be given - they will be either destroyed or returned to you with a handling and carriage charge of £20.
HOW TO ARRANGE:
STEP 1: Our Customer Service team will be happy to arrange collection of products for return (other than non-stock items (specials) See above).
Please call them on 01702 511849 for a fast and efficient service with the following essential information:
Ø Jegs Account Number
Ø Jegs Product Code Number
Ø Relevant Invoice Number relating to product being returned
Ø Evidence of date of product sale to customer if appropriate
Ø Details of reason for return including specific fault
**FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE ABOVE COULD MEAN THE RETURNED PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR CREDIT**
STEP 2: You will be sent 2 copies of an authorised returns form - one copy of which must accompany the products being returned. The other is for your reference.
STEP 3: The products for return must be suitably packed for transport via our carriers, complete with your name and address and must be ready for collection within 24 hours of receiving your returns form. A handling carriage charge will be levied if the parcel is not ready for collection when the carrier arrives. Such handling charge will be dependent on those in force with our carrier at the time.
STEP 4: Your account will be credited after the goods have been examined and found to be suitable for credit. We reserve the right to dispose of any products which are found not to have been supplied to you by Jegs.
Certain manufacturer guarantees fall outside our own returns service and in such cases the manufacturer must be contacted direct. Detailed over are the procedures to be followed:
Contact 01702 511849
At JEGS we pride ourselves in providing a first-class service. Our fully trained Customer Services team will be happy to assist you with any issues you may have. Please call them on 01702 511849 for a fast & efficient response:
Discrepencies on order
All discrepancies must be reported to the Customer Services team within 3 days of delivery.
Any breakages found on delivery of an order must be reported within 3 days of delivery. Should you decide to accept a delivery in a damaged condition, you must endorse the carrier's delivery documentation accordingly.
Shortages of goods/parcels
Any shortage must be reported within 3 days. All shortages will be investigated and a credit will be issued where appropriate only after a satisfactory stock check has taken place. In all the above cases, should you fail to report any discrepancies within 3 days of delivery, the goods shall be conclusively presumed to be in all respects in accordance with your order and free from any defect which would be apparent on reasonable examination, and you shall be deemed to have accepted the goods accordingly.
Proof of Delivery
We are not liable for claims for missing parcels where a signature has been given for a complete consignment. Therefore, please check the number of parcels against the delivery note before signing. All requests for proof of deliveries must be received within 60 days from date of delivery. Under no circumstances shall Jegs be liable to compensate a customer by way of damages or otherwise for non-delivery or late delivery of the goods or any of them or for any loss consequential or otherwise arising from non-delivery or late delivery.
Sale or Return
We do not operate a sale or return policy. A 20% handling charge plus carriage costs will be levied on any such returns unless by prior arrangement.
Any warranty period shown on the catalogue of longer than 1 year refers to the manufacturers warranty.
RETURNS DIRECT TO SUPPLIERS - Please do not return to Jegs
All Daewoo products found to be faulty within 28 days should be reported direct to Daewoo Customer Care Line 0800 4089102.
Contact 0870 6055055 All faulty goods covered by 12 month guarantee must be repaired by an Electrolux authorised service agent. Please DO NOT return to Jegs.
NUMATIC (REPAIR ONLY)
All Numatic products are REPAIR ONLY and covered as per the individual guarantee documentation. All products carry a serial number which must be given to the Jegs Customer Service team and details of the ACTUAL fault, before collection of a faulty item is arranged to confirm that the item was supplied to Jegs by Numatic. If Numatic products are received back without authorisation, we reserve the right to charge a £20 handling/admin fee. If Numatic upon inspection find the item to be ‘no fault found’ then they will send the item back to Jegs without credit. In such a case, we reserve the right to return the item to you with a £20 handling fee and carriage charge.
DUALIT (REPAIR ONLY)
Dualit products may no longer be automatically accepted back for credit as Dualit now insist on REPAIR ONLY for most products.
Customers should provide the Jegs invoice number and EXACT fault before we can accept back as a faulty return. Jegs will not give credit on any Dualit item unless we have received confirmation back from Dualit that the item is unrepairable. If Dualit find ‘no fault found’ they will return the item to Jegs without credit. In such a case we reserve the right to return the item to you with a £20 handling fee and carriage charge.
A 2 year Consumer Guarantee is applicable on all their products supplied into the UK & Ireland. Consumers will have to register for the second year of their product guarantee direct with Morphy Richards. If the Consumer does not register, the guarantee defaults to a one year guarantee. The statutory rights of the consumer are unaffected.
The consumer will be able to register for the second year either online via the Morphy Richards website or via their helpline 0844 871 0960 (Eire 1800 409 119)
1. Any person or persons (hereinafter called 'the Buyer') who makes or shall make acceptance of any estimate or quotation for and or who enters into any contract for the provision of goods and or services by Jegs Electrical Ltd. (hereinafter called 'the Company') shall be deemed to accept and to agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company these conditions which supersede any earlier sets of conditions appearing in the Company's estimate quotations catalogues or elsewhere shall override any terms or conditions stipulated incorporated or referred to be the Buyer whether in the order or in any negotiations.
3. Save only insofar and to the extent that their exclusion is rendered void by stature all guarantees warranties terms or conditions whether express or implied by common law statute or otherwise are excluded.
4. For the avoidance of doubt it is hereby declared that any variation of these conditions or of any estimate quotation or contract to which these conditions apply shall be of no force or effect whatsoever unless the same be expressly agreed in writing signed by a director the secretary or such servant of the Company who is expressly authorised in that regard by the Company.
5. No order shall be binding upon the Company unless the said order be expressly accepted in writing by the Company.
6. All prices and estimates quoted by the Company in respect of the provision by it of any goods and or services are subject to alteration without notice and the Buyer shall bear the cost of any such alteration.
7. Unless otherwise expressly stated in writing in the Company's quotations or estimates all prices or estimates are strictly net cash against invoice and exclusive of value added tax or any taxes levies or duties and payment shall be made by the Buyer immediately upon receipt of the Company's invoice and without any discount or any other reduction and without any delay or deferment on account of or relating to any dispute or claim the Buyer may have or allege to have with or against the Company.
8. Should the purchase price or part thereof remain unpaid for a period in excess or thirty days after the collection or taking delivery of any goods the subject of a contract between the Company and the buyer the Company shall thereupon be entitled to charge and if so charged a buyer shall pay interest to the Company of 2½% per month upon the purchase price or any part thereof so long as the sum remains unpaid.
9. Any times and or dates whenever and howsoever stated or given by the Company and relating to the provision by the company of any goods and or services are given and intended as estimates only and shall under no circumstances whatsoever be or become of the essence of any contract between the Buyer and the Company and the Company shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Buyer for any loss damage or expense whether caused or arising directly or indirectly by or from any delay in delivery or alteration to the said times or dates.
10. The Buyer shall unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing take delivery of any goods from the Company's premises within seven days of being notified that the same are available thereat.
11. Any cost or expense of any delivery agreed to be made by or on behalf of the Company to or to the order of the Buyer or in accordance with Buyer's instructions shall be borne and paid for by the Buyer to the Company.
12. When any delivery is agreed to be made by or on behalf of the Company to or to the order of the Buyer or otherwise in accordance with the Buyer's instructions the Company shall be deemed to have made and the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted a due delivery of the goods when a delivery note concerning and accompanying the goods is given by or on behalf of the Company to the Buyer his servant or agent or any representative of the Buyer named by the Buyer and agreed between the Buyer and the Company or when the said delivery note is left with the goods upon those premises or at that location during normal and or business hours at which delivery was agreed to be made.
13. The Buyer shall give the Company such full details as may be necessary or required by the Company as will enable the Company, where the same is agreed, to make delivery of any goods the subject of any contract between the Company and the Buyer.
14 If for any reason the Buyer is unable or does not collect or take delivery of any goods at the time when the same are due and ready for collection or delivery the Company shall if and only if storage facilities permit store the goods and take all reasonable steps to prevent their deterioration until the Buyer takes delivery thereof and the Buyer shall be liable to the Company for the reasonable cost including insurance of so doing. This condition shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other payment or damages for which the Buyer may be or become liable in respect of his failure to take delivery at the appropriate date.
15. All claims arising out of or relating to any goods alleged by the Buyer to have been lost mislaid or damaged before delivery of the same has been made by or on behalf of the Company and whilst in transit between the Company's premises and any place agreed between the parties as the place for their delivery shall be notified in writing to and received by the Company within three days after delivery as aforesaid or within three days after the date fixed by or on behalf of the Company for delivery. If the said notification of any claim as aforesaid is not received by the Company within the said period the Company shall be under no liability whatever in respect of the said loss mislaying or damage.
16. Replacement or at the Company's sole discretion the repair of the said goods shall at all times and in any event constitute the limit of the Company's liability to the Buyer and the Company shall not be liable for any injury loss damage or expense whether caused contributed to or arising directly or indirectly by or out of any negligence of the Company its servants agents or other representatives or howsoever caused or arising.
17. Defects as to quality and or fitness for any particular purpose of any goods or any part or parts thereof the subject of any contract between the Company and the Buyer shall under no circumstances be grounds for the rescission or repudiation of the contract by the Buyer.
18. The property in respect of any goods the subject of this condition and any goods collected by the Buyer or delivered or deemed to be delivered to the Buyer shall remain vested in the Company and the Buyer has been made in full including any addition to or variation in the purchase price or purchase prices whether arising by reason of condition 6 and 8 or otherwise and any value added tax or other tax levies and duties payable by the Buyer to the Company under any statute and or the said contract or contracts or under any variation or substitution thereof. Until payment is made in accordance with the terms hereof under all contracts as aforesaid: i) The Buyer shall hold the goods or if sold in the ordinary course of the Buyers business the selling price upon trust for the Company. ii) The Company shall have the right to enter upon any premises on which the goods may then be and to re-take possession thereof.
19 i) Notwithstanding that the property in all goods to be collected by the Buyer or delivered or deemed to be delivered to the Buyer by the Company shall remain vested in the Company until the Company has received payment in full the risk of damage to or loss of all or any such goods shall pass to the Buyer forthwith upon collection by the Buyer or delivery or deemed delivery thereof to the Buyer and as from such date of collection delivery or deemed delivery the Buyer shall be liable to the Company for the purchase price for such goods whether or not the same are damaged or lost prior to the date that the property therein shall pass to the Buyer. ii) The insurable risks in all the goods to be collected by the Buyer or delivered or deemed to be delivered to the Buyer shall pass to the Buyer as soon as the goods are collected by the Buyer or delivered or deemed to be delivered to the Buyer or to his order and pending disposal the Buyer shall keep the goods insured in the amount of the purchase price at which the goods are sold to the Buyer against any insurable risks. If goods are destroyed by an insured risk prior to the same being paid for by the Buyer the Buyer shall receive the proceeds of any such insurance as Trustee for the Company.
20 Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by the Company the Company shall not be found to resale any goods to the Buyer its servants or agents whether by way of delivery or of collection unless any charge and or additional charges owing to the Company in respect thereof have been received in full by the Company from the Buyer.
21 In the event of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war has been declared or not) civil war rebellion revolution insurrection or military or usurped power the Company shall be relieved of all liabilities incurred under any contract with the Buyer. The Company shall also be relieved of the said liabilities wherever and to the extent to which the fulfilment of such obligations is prevented frustrated or impeded by any statute rules regulations orders or requisitions issued by any government department council or other duly constituted authority or by any strikes lockouts trade disputes breakdowns accident or any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Company or any of its suppliers.
22 All disputes differences or questions at any time arising between the parties as to the construction of these conditions or as to any matter or thing arising under or out of the contract or in any way connected therewith shall be referred to the decision of any independent arbitrator who shall be agreed between the parties or who failing such agreement shall be appointed at the request of either party by the president for the time being of The Institute of Electrical Engineers or in his absence or in the case of his illness then any person acting in that capacity from time to time. The arbitration shall be in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1950 and any statutory modifications or reenactment thereof from time to time in force.
If you are interested in joining a friendly and winning team, please feel free to send your CV to HR.
We always refer to CVs on file before using other methods to fill any vacancies.
At present we are not currently recruiting at our Head Office based in 20 Progress Road,
Leigh on Sea, Essex SS9 5PR
At Jegs we pride ourselves on being as environmentally friendly as possible and are continuously striving to improve upon this.
There are a number of measures that we have made considerable investment in to ensure minimal impact on the environment and these include;
On site expert regulatory advice which means that we comply with all governmental legislations and recommendations concerning waste.
We are registered under the W.E.E.E. Directive and make financial contributions towards the collection and recycling of end of life electrical products.
We are also fully compliant with packaging regulations aimed at reducing packaging, as well as making financial contributions to recycle waste packaging.
In addition to this we re-use much of the packaging that we receive, an example of which is the shredded card that we use to infill the parcels that we ship. This is packaging that would otherwise end up in landfill.
We provide recycling for our canteen/kitchen waste products and ensure our building’s energy consumption remains as low as possible.
Our aim is to reduce paper wastage and to review print runs regularly to reduce wastage.
We also offer in-store take back facilities so that customers can return all of their old batteries for recycling.
We have an Increasing presence of environmentally friendly products in our range and try
to ensure customer/staff awareness
In fact, even the light bulbs used in our premises are recycled at the end of their life.
We would of course welcome ideas to further minimise the risks arising from the social and environmental impact of our activities.